A HP device specific menu option has been identified as a possible cause of this issue, whereby print job release is much slower in the following circumstances.
- A front panel activity such as copy or e-mail has been selected and that activity is now active to use.
- The authentication screen is activity prompting for authentication.
- Print jobs are being attempted to be released via the FollowMe Embedded front panel print job list.
The cause is a default setting under the MFPs front panel menu option, called "HOLD OFF PRINT JOB" is set to "ON". To resolve this issue perform the following actions:
- Within the MFPs front panel or via its embedded web server (EWS) browse through the menu structure to the "COPY/SEND SETTINGS" menu:
+ PAPER HANDLING
+ CONFIGURE DEVICE
+ PRINT QUALITY
+ SYSTEM SETUP
+ TRAY BEHAVIOR
+ COPY/SEND SETTINGS
- Look for the option called "HOLD OFF PRINT JOB" and change the value from "ON" to "OFF".
- Exit out the menus and now the process should be complete and your printing should be much more spontaneous.
This applies to versions prior to the release of FollowMe Embedded software version v184.108.40.206, whereby an automatic setting change was implemented to change this setting without user intervention.